Monday, January 10, 2011

Art Response

Andy Warhol, Committee 2000
I saw this picture for the first time today and immediately liked it. I was not really sure what it was a picture of, though I had a few guesses, and I still don't really know.
I really like the contrast between shapes and colors in the painting. When I look at it, I feel like I'm looking at the remains of a battle between shapes and colors. I also like the fact that I don't know what it is a painting of. You don't need to know what it is a picture of to know that it is modernly beautiful. In my opinion, growing up is confusion. Growing up, we don't know what we will be like later in life, or who we are. Confusion is beautiful. Life is full it, confusion is what makes life more real.
This painting is now one of my favorite paintings.

Source: http://www.artnet.com/artwork/426104671/588/andy-warhol-committee-2000.html

No comments:

Post a Comment